Last week I have posted a demo database of my way to add multi language to a XPages application.
Today Patrick Kwinten pinged me on Slack about an 500 error he was hitting when he access the database from the browser.
After some investigation via Slack it the cause of the error was an external jar file which was in still, unused, in the database. The external jar was on the Build Path, but after removing from the Build Path it was still crashing. On stackoverflow I found the answer.
The external library was causing an reflection exception. There was no need for this external library, so no need to update the java policy file.
After removing the external jars completly from the database, the application was up and running again. Everyone happy 😉
I made the update to my demo database and commited to the Bitbucket repository of this demo.
Where are my Java classes
I also noticed that it is not common or the normal way, when using Java in DDE to store the Java classes in a Java directory which I created under WebContent –> WEB-INF and add the directory as source folder.
In my life outside the DDE/Domino world when building Java applications in vanilla Eclipse environments, it is the normal way, so I still use it in DDE. So for Java development I live in the Package Explorer.
To find the Package Explorer. Goto Window –> Eclipse Views –> Packagage
So I encourage everyone when do Java development in an XPages, to use the Package Explorer and the Java classes in a folder under WebContent –> WEB-INF ( next make them a source folder ). When moving to other grounds, outside the Yellow bubble or doing more and more OSGi plugin development, it makes your life easier.by