Over time I wrote a few blogs about my way to support multi language in a XPages app.
Very nice, but I got requests about a demo db.
I created a demo database which is available as GIT repository on Bitbucket.
- Load properties from a properties file, which reside in resource section of database
- Load languages
- Add new Language, which add also for this new language property documents.
- Export of the default properties file to change in one time all the labels
- Reimport the new language property file, expecting a certain format countrycode_countryname e.g. nl_netherlands.txt
- When a language is removed, all the property documents for this language will also be removed
- Language is stored in a userpreference document.
- Set a default language, which is used as not language is available for the user.
- I did not removed all the bootstrap fields, the theme and front end frameworks which is imported by Bower. So use it if needed.